Tuesday, 8 February 2011
Golden Palominos - Animal Speaks
Here's a John Lydon collaboration with The Golden Palominos released in December 1985. Its only one song but Lydon's vocals are excellent. I really do prefer his voice from the 70's & 80's much more than his new Millenium vocal style. This was a 12'' single that was (as far as I know) only released in the U.S. I only managed to get a copy of this last month. That was when I heard it for the first time. I'm very happy to pass this on as I know my UK followers would have probably had little access to this tune down the years. I hope many of you are hearing this for the first time. Enjoy!
Also featuring:
Bass - Bill Laswell
Drums - Anton Fier
Guitar - Jody Harris
Organ - Bernie Worrell
get WAV here
no artwork

2 comments:
It's a great track taken from the "Visions of Excess" album. Bill Laswell who produced "Album" is the mastermind behind it. An album of collaborations with people like Michael Stipe (R.E.M.)and Jack Bruce(Cream). The Golden Palominos released 8 albums only the above feature John Lydon. Here's a link to the whole album if anyone is interested.
http://totalwire.blogspot.com/2010/02/golden-palominos-visions-of-excess.html
http://www.multiupload.com/RS_DRPQG0XRTP
Cheers,
Marky Dread.
Thanks Pil Head & Marky Dread,You are Great.
PilHeart
Post a Comment